Sunday, October 23, 2016

Graeter's® Hand Crafted French Pot® Ice Cream


I first noticed this ice cream near the Ben & Jerry's section at the local supermarket.  With the $5+ price I hardly gave it another look...until I saw how it was made on "Unwrapped 2.0" on one of the food channels.  Folks, this ice cream ain't messing around.

Basically, this ice cream has all good, clean, wholesome ingredients (like what you find in Ben & Jerry's).  Also the ice cream is hand crafted in small batches using a "French Pot" (not sure of the complete process, look it up!).  Most amazingly however, is that each container is filled by hand! No machine, just a person with what looks like a small metal paddle packs each pint.  Seeing all this piqued my interest, so I had to go get some.


The flavor of this ice cream was spot on!  Nothing about it was unpleasant (except the $5+ price, but well worth it I must say).  One cool thing about the chocolate chips is that at the factory a huge block of high quality chocolate is busted up by hand and the chips go in the ice cream.  So one minute you may find a small piece, but the next minute you may unearth a huge rock of chocolate.  This adds the element of surprise.

I look forward to my next pint as more and more flavors become available (hopefully in my area at least).  If you can swallow the $5 price tag, then this frozen treat is a must!  Check out their website and their coverage on Unwrapped 2.0.


No comments:

Post a Comment